Capital of Morocco, Rabat is well known for its french colonial heritage and many of the landmarks speak to this characteristics. We stayed at Riad Dar El Ghali for the night; it's located in the medina so we had the market at our door step. But given that we only had the next morning to explore, we decided to go outside the medina to explore the old city.
Places to see:
- Kasbah of Udhayas, for its blue streets
- Andalusiyan Gardens, for its tropical gardens
- Hassan Tower & Al-Hassan Mosque for its monumental architecture and intricate designs
- Chellah, for its history and roman ruins
- Choose an accommodation in the Medina, so you are in the middle of old town and walking distance from most of the sight seeing
- If Medina prices seem expensive, go out of it as you might find non tourist prices
- Try Tagine every chance you get!
- Fruit is a great snack! cheap, healthy and fresh
Please do let me know if you enjoyed this post. I would love to read your feedbacks! And comment your questions below, i'd be happy to answer them.